2018 RTCC Explosion
If you like cheering and dance- you'll love competition cheer! Come visit and see what it's all about!!
2018-2019 Competition Cheerleading Tryouts
Denville, Rockaway Boro, Rockaway Township and Wharton
residents are eligible. Boys and Girls are welcome.
Monday, May 21st, Tuesday, May 22nd & Wednesday, May 23rd
(must attend all 3 days)
Dwyer Elementary School Gym
(registration in lobby)
665 Mt Hope Ave, Wharton, NJ 07885
*****Please arrive 15 minutes early for registration*****
Currently in Kindergarten- 11th Grade
$10 non-refundable Tryout Fee
Fee, Code of Conduct, and Medical Waiver mandatory before
cheerleader may enter the gym.
Teams will be based on skill and team size requirements
determined by RTCC coaches.
**Please wear a plain white T-shirt, black shorts and white cheer sneakers (regular sneakers if you don't have cheer sneakers) to all days of tryouts.**
• learn a short cheer and dance
• demonstrate stunting skills
• demonstrate tumbling skills
• cheerleaders will perform jumps, stunts, dance, and
cheer skills for coaches and be evaluated/scored
• appearance and attitude will be evaluated
• Plain white t-shirt (no logos) and black shorts/briefs.
• High ponytail and athletic sneakers are a must.
• No long fingernails/acrylics.
TUMBLING SKILLS (SENIOR TEAM): Preferred but not required
• Standing back handspring
• Roundoff back handspring
TUMBLING SKILLS (JUNIORS TEAM): Preferred but not required
• Forward roll
• Walkovers, handsprings, back handsprings
Cheerleaders are notified of tryout results within a week
of the conclusion of tryouts. Numbers are posted on this website
on theTRYOUT RESULTStab at the top of this page.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Welcome to our Team!